Top 5: Bright MAC Lipsticks

I'm going to try and start a new feature on my blog this week, bringing you my top 5 of a different brand, item or thing every week. This time we're talking bright MAC lipsticks, and yep you guessed it, my favourite nudes will be coming shortly. So, less talkin' more lipstick; here's my top 5.


From left to right in both photos we have; Rebel, Salon Rouge, Ruby Woo, Lady Danger and Party Parrot. Sadly, Salon Rouge & Party Parrot were limited edition shades, but I've tried to find some dupes for them below.

Rebel.

First up we have Rebel, the perfect autumn/winter dark purple shade. In the photo it's come up quite a bright purple, but in real life it's a little darker; making it perfect for this time of year. 

Salon Rouge.

This is what I call my 'Christmas Day' colour, and yep I'll be wearing this year too. This was from last year's Christmas collection, and comes in the most beautiful glittery tube which I personally think every MAC lipstick should come in. It's a little deeper than your classic red, and makes your teeth look insanely white (wahoo). From looking online a similar shade seems to be Russian Red, but it's not an exact dupe.

Ruby Woo.

Now this is a classic red. One that looks good whatever the occasion. I think this one is a cult favourite, and one I'd recommend to anyone who was buying their first MAC lipstick. It lasts all day, is easy to apply and makes you look completely badass. It's a winner.

Lady Danger. 

Next up is Lady Danger. I love this during the summer months as it's a really lovely redy-orange. This is a perfect middle ground in between a red like Ruby Woo and a true orange like Morange. Perfect for those, like me, who are a little bit scared of orange but wants something more summery than a red. That was a long winded, slightly confusing description but you get the point, it's really nice.

Party Parrot.

Finally we have Party Parrot. Sadly this was another limited edition shade, but from a quick google search it looks similar to Impassioned which is in their permanent line. This one is a perfect mixture or red, pink and coral. It's a bit brighter in real life compared to the picture and when I put it on it's one of those shades that just makes you feel 'fun'. Like if you walked past someone in the street wearing this you would probably think, "ooh they look fun, I'd love to go to a party with them". Yanno? Ok maybe not, but again, it's a lovely shade.

There we have it, my top 5 bright MAC Lipsticks. Next up on my hit-list are Media and Craving. Who knows? Maybe I'll be brave enough to try Morange. 

What are your favourite brights from MAC?

Laura x

6 comments

  1. I have Rebel and love it so much! Lady Danger intrigues me, never swatch it in the store!


     Miriam ♥ A whole lot of serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it! I'd recommend swatching it next time you pop in, it's so lovely! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's a good 'un that's for sure! Thank you for commenting :D xx

      Delete
  3. Rebel is my favourite ever MAC shade! I've been wearing it SO much lately, gorgeous photos Laura! Just followed you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so beautiful! Me too, it's just so perfect for this time of year :) Thank you so much! :) xxx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow