Top 5: MAC Nude Lipsticks.

A while back on the blog I showed you my top 5 favourite bright coloured lipsticks from MAC. So, as promised, here are my top 5 favourite nude shades!


From left to right in both photos we have: Mehr, Patisserie, Brave, Twig & Faux. 

Mehr.

First up is Mehr, a Lily Pebbles inspired purchase. After her seeing her wearing this in her vlogs last year, I knew it was something I HAD to have. I searched everywhere for it, Manchester, London, Birmingham but nowhere had it. Every time I passed a MAC store I'd pop in & ask but nothing. It was sold out online too. Finally, during a trip to Amsterdam last summer I managed to finally get one (at a slightly cheaper price too, woo!). It's matte & looks perfect paired with a smoky eye & Soar lipliner for a night out. It's my new must have. 

Patisserie.

I remember buying my first ever tube on this on the Champs Elysees MAC store in 2011. I was browsing the lipsticks & this one caught my eye. The name seemed fairly relevant to my visit at the time too which sold it to me even more. I think the one pictured is now my third or fourth tube of the stuff. It's my most repurchased lipstick EVER. It's a perfect rosy/pink with a hint of brown & makes a great everyday 'your lips but better' colour. If you're after a nude from MAC this would be my first recommendation, it's beautiful. 

Brave.

Brave is a beautiful rosy pink, again with a hint of brown to it and is a satin finish. It's super long lasting and is another of my everyday favourites.  It's slightly more matte than Patisserie so I love this one paired with winged liner for a 60's inspired look. I think I may do a 60's makeup look soon as it's one of my favourite looks to wear for a night out, let me know if you'd be interested in this? :)

Twig.

Twig is one of the darker nudes I've included and is one of those ever coveted 'Kylie Jenner' colours. It's a satin finish so does have some sheen to it but is mostly fairly matte. My favourite way to apply this one is by dabbing it lightly onto my lips to get a lighter version of the colour as it's a little too dark for me otherwise, however it does look stunning when it is used fully. It's very neutral with more brown undertones than the others I've mentioned. I feel like it's the lesser known of the Kylie colours but it's definitely worth a look if you pass a store!

Faux.

Last but not least we have Faux: another one that I found impossible to get hold of. My parents picked this up for me in Bruges, as I couldn't find it anywhere in the UK (again)! This one is a little bit more pink than Twig, so suits me a little more when I apply it fully. I also love pairing this one with Soar lipliner for a night out. This is another satin finish, which I think might be my favourite one as it's the perfect mix of a matte colour & a moisturising finish. This is another one that I love using for a 60's look!

So there we have it, my top 5 favourite MAC nudes. Notable mentions also have to go to Syrup, Captive & Please Me; all of which are beautiful & worth a look! 

What are your favourite MAC nude shades? 

Laura xx

7 comments

  1. Faux looks gorgeous! I have to try it for myself!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! I find it really moisturising too :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm not really a fan of pinky nudes however mehr looks gorgeous!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! I feel like it's one that will suit a lot of people too :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried Bombshell? I think you'd love it! It's a pinky nude with a slight frost- a little similar to Faux.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no I haven't! Just googled swatches though & it looks so pretty! Thanks for the recommendation :D xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow