What I Got For Christmas 2015




I toyed with the idea of doing a 'what I got for christmas' post for a while & I finally got round to doing it. I won't bore you with usual disclaimer, because we all know nobody writes these posts to be braggy, it's simply to please everyone that's just as nosy as I am! I love reading these posts (because I'm super nosy) so I thought why not do one myself. I was lucky to receive a lot of money this year, which I obviously won't picture, but I did treat myself to a Marc Jacobs perfume set which I may feature in a January sales haul later in the month. Pictured above are all the makeup bits I received. I was super lucky & was given three Makeup Revolution palettes (which I'll do a separate post with swatches of soon!). I also got a couple of glittery Essie nail polishes & the ever-coveted Seche Vite top coat, which I am loving so much already. A couple of No7 mini's found their way into my stocking alongside the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream's in Morocco & Cannes. A backup of my favourite ever mascara, Benefit's Roller Lash made it's way in there too.


In terms of body/skincare bits, I was given a La Roche Posay set with Serozinc & Effaclar Duo in (both of which are firm favourites of mine). I also received a couple of Lush goodies from my friend. The hand cream is pictures, but the soap is in the shower and the bath bomb was used a while back. I also got a load of different body moisturisers, so I'll be super soft all the way through the year. A french manicure set & an avon nail polish also appeared in my stocking (if you haven't guessed already I like nail polish!).


My boyfriend bought me the most beautiful silver necklace from Orelia, which I haven't stopped wearing since! It's so simple and pretty and also came in the most beautiful box.


He also got me a really cool light projector. It may seem like a bit of a weird present but I'm obsessed with the stars & things like the Northern lights. This little ball projects northern light style lights onto the ball as you can see from the picture. When you take the top off, it projects onto your ceiling and fills the room with magical dancing lights that look so pretty! I find it really relaxing to have on just before bed. Such a different present but a really thoughtful one!




Along with nail stuff, I have a massive thing for candles and was lucky enough to recieve enough to last me well into the year! The metallic ones at the back are from Next & come in the cutest little pots which I will definitely be re-using. They all smell amazing, although I might save the Christmas scented ones for next year so I've got some festive candles waiting for when Christmas next rolls round.


My mum always makes a tradition of buying me some kind of alcohol related present and this year it came in the form of Vodka, which you can imagine will be put to good use when I'm back at uni. I also recieved a slow cooker, something which I'm really excited to try! Being at uni all day and getting back late sometimes means I can't really be bothered to cook, so this will be amazing for those days and also mean I eat something healthy too! 


If you know me, you'll know I carry two things with me religiously; my phone and my ipod. My phone is a really old nokia brick (which I love by the way, don't judge). It means I don't have to charge it for weeks or worry about it getting stolen at festivals or on nights out. However, I do love using all the apps on my ipod like snapchat & instagram. My old ipod touch started to show signs of dying last year which left me a little panicky it was going to pack up. Luckily, my parents kindly brought me a new one for christmas. It's great having a home button and a microphone that works again! 

So there we go, my 2015 christmas presents! I also received a black pair of New Balance trainers which I forgot to photo & it's now dark outside so there's no chance of that coming out nicely! I hope you enjoyed this post!

What did you all get christmas? If you've written a post, link it below, I'd love to read it!

Laura x

18 comments

  1. I got some Freedom makeup, I absolutely love their makeup/shadows. I need the Makeup Revolution Chocolate bar palettes tbh. What a lovely post - you got some amazing gifts!
    Jess beautifulbreakable.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing value for money aren't they! Yes, the chocolate ones look so good! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  2. SO jealous of all the candles you got! Your room is going to smell amazing!

    www.hannahvict.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I'm loving it at the moment :D Thanks for commenting! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I honestly really want a slow cooker but no one will buy me one! I will have to get one myself this year for sure, it must be so helpful for meals. Looks like you got an awesome pressies! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get yourself one for sure :) I can't wait to start using it when I'm back at uni! Think I might do a couple of recipe posts when I've tried a few out :) xx

      Delete
  4. That light ball looks absolutely amazing! That's such an incredible present, I'm so jealous. The necklace he got you is also so beautiful and simple :) Looks like you had a fab Christmas! x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cool! I'd have never have thought of anything like it to buy for myself! Yes it was super lovely, although I left all my work till now. Boo! xx

      Delete
  5. You got some lovely things! Love the pallets and that necklace is so nice! :)

    Carlygrant.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait to give them a try, some really unusual colours in there :D xx

      Delete
  6. You got some lovely palettes, I love Make Up Revolution loads and have the 2015 & 2016 palettes that have over 100+ shades but I do really want those chocolate bar ones that they came out with last year! Also, Roller Lash is a pretty good mascara but I do think the Benefit They're Real! Mascara is better but its all on preference of course x

    Mollie Victoria Beauty | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate bar ones look amazing don't they?? Ooh I've never tried They're Real! I'll add it to my list of ones to try next. Thanks! xx

      Delete
  7. Great gifts! I love that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try that Essie nail polish! Looks amazing! Xx

    abigalexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely set of gifts... and some very blog worthy stuff in there too which always helps ;). We've got a projector too... we don't use it all that often anymore but my other half has been looking into buying some new filters for it so that we can have different starry night skies to look at!

    Laura xx | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw wow that's so cool! Which one do you have? :) Didn't realise you could buy different filters! xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow