Working with Colour Collab with Jess from BeautifulBreakable

A while back I started chatting to the lovely Jess from Beautiful Breakable on Twitter through #TheGirlGang hashtag & chat. We thought it would be a great idea to do a collab together. I absolutely love Jess' YouTube Tutorials (they're bloody brilliant!) & it's clear we both have a huge love for makeup; so a makeup tutorial collab seemed natural.

Colour is something I'm often quite scared to try with my makeup. I follow lots of makeup related instagram accounts and find myself completely besotted by the colourful, daring eye looks but I'm always a little too scared to try them on myself. When applying my eye makeup, I tend to stick to golden brown tones as I know what I'm doing with them. However, I really want to try using more colour in my looks this year and the collab with Jess seemed the best place to start as she has done some really beautiful looks with colour before. Some of my favourite looks of hers are here, here, here and here (click on each link to view). They range from green liner & a berry lip to a Star Wars look to a cut crease and are all beyond perfect. Also don't forget to go & check out her version of the collab, you won't regret it!

I settled with purple as the main colour for my look as I think it's one that goes really well with green eyes. Whilst my look isn't crazily dramatic or really well applied, I had fun creating it and was really pleased with the finished result. Here's what I used: 



FACE: 
I buffed some of Rimmel's Lasting Perfection foundation in and then concealed any areas that needed a little more coverage with my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I then set it all in place with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I did a teeny bit of contour using Sleek Contour Kit then added a sweep of Nars Orgasm Blusher to my cheeks for a glowing finish.

EYES: 
I used the Natural Collection Eyeshadow in 'Lilac Shimmer' all over my lid, then used 'Lavender' over the centre half, in the crease and also under the eye. I then added a little of the bright purple shade from Makeup Revolution's Iconic Acid Bright Palette into the crease to add a little more dimension to the look. I created a cat eye flick using L'oreal Superliner Perfect Slim Eyeliner and finished off with the Benefit Roller Lash Mascara.

BROWS:
As always I used the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade to fill in my brows & the Maybelline Brow Drama Mascara to set them. 

LIPS: 
I wanted to keep the lips quite natural as the emphasis was on the eyes, however I think this look would look great with a dark berry shade, I feel like it would make my eyes pop even more! The shade I went for was Faux by MAC but I'd love to do this look again using a different colour.

I really enjoyed creating this look! Whilst I'm still not sure it's something I'd wear everyday, I'd definitely consider it for a night out! In terms of adapting it to be more wearable for daytime I tried to still keep the colour but just not on such a drastic scale.


So for this, I kept all the same products as before but rather than having purple all over the eye, I just added a little of the lighter purple Natural Collection colour in Lilac Shimmer to the inner corner of my eye. I think this is a really great way to introduce colour into your everyday makeup without going too crazy. This is definitely something I'd wear every day! It just adds a little something extra to your usual look.

Don't forget to go & check out Jess' look! She's done a beautiful tutorial on how to incorporate green into your makeup looks, something I really want to try myself! 

You can also find Jess on other sites like, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Bloglovin and Facebook. Be sure to give her a visit, her makeup skills are incredible!

I've really enjoyed doing this collab! If you're a blogger & you'd be interested in doing a collab just leave me a comment below or drop me a line on Twitter, I'd love to work with you!

Laura xx 

4 comments

  1. love these looks you've created chick :) I absolutely love working with purple ... mainly because it makes green eyes pop and I just love the way it looks :D
    Jess | www.beautifulbreakable.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, I definitely want to try it out more often :) xx

      Delete
  2. Your eyebrows look amazing girl! I love how you used purples/lilacs, you should definitely branch out into wearing brighter colours more often!
    www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! Yes I think I'm going to try it out more often as it was really fun! :) xxx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow