Easy Peasy Brows

Now usually I'm a full brow kinda girl. I love nothing more than Cara Delevingne style brows drawn on thickly with my Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. My brows are quite blonde and sparse, so filling them in quite thickly is something I need to do so people can see that they actually do exist. Being in third year of uni, I often spend a lot of my time in the library so don't tend to bother with makeup (because who cares what you look like 12 hours into an essay) but my brows are something I do still like having done. My usual brow is a little too much when I'm not wearing any other makeup so I like to reach for something a little more natural looking in the form of some brow mascara.


With the summer months approaching too, the only makeup I tend to wear on a really hot day is some brow mascara, because everything else tends to melt off or smudge in the heat or in the pool. I was in Wilkinson's the other day picking up some bleach (g-l-a-m-o-r-o-u-s yeh) when I passed an Essence counter. Essence is a brand I'd never tried before but one I always hear good things about so I figured it was time I had a look. 


The thing that caught my eye the most was their Make Me Brow Eyebrow Mascara, priced at just £2.50, which bares a striking resemblance to Benefit's Gimme Brow Mascara. I've wanted to try the Benefit one for years but just couldn't afford it at a pricey £18.50. So I picked it up in the colour 02 Browny Brows and off I went. 


The first thing I really love about this is just how TINY the brush is! It's so small! This makes it super easy to coat each brow hair, and means you don't end up getting any product on the surrounding area, which is what happens when I use my Maybelline Brow Drama which has a much bigger brush. The colour is also a pretty good match for me but there's a lighter version called 'Blondy Brows' for anyone out there a little lighter. 

  
I tried this out on a typical 'no makeup' day at the library so please do excuse the freckles and undereye circles in the above photo! Below are my before & after photos:


So on the left we have the before photo, and on the right we have the same brow after one quick coat of Make Me Brow. I'm so impressed with how well it works! I honestly wasn't expecting a huge amount for £2.50 but I'm seriously impressed. Not only are my brows less sparse and a darker colour, they're also a better, more defined shape whilst still looking really natural! It didn't feel like I was wearing anything either, some brow mascaras have a tendency to make your brows a little crunchy but this felt really nice on. The best thing was is that it wasn't obvious I was wearing any brow product so my "makeup free" day still looked "makeup free". Result! This is definitely something I'll be taking with me on holiday this summer for ultra 'on fleek' brows by the pool.  

Have you tried anything from Essence before? Next on my hitlist are the some of the nail polishes (which I've heard amazing things about), some of the 'All About' palettes and the Lash Princess Mascaras. What are you eyeing up?

Laura x

12 comments

  1. Wow I'm impressed! Didn't expect such a great result! I might give it a try too :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Especially for such a good price! Worth picking up :) xx

      Delete
  2. That's a great result! I haven't tried this or the Benefit one but I do have the Maybelline brow drama. I'll be trying this when I run out. I've tried a few mascaras from the range and they are hit and miss and i've got one lipstick which is pretty good for £1.
    Amy at Amy & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's worth trying for £2.50! :) Ooh that's good to know thanks, I hadn't considered their lipsticks before but I might have a look now :) I think their blushers look really good too so I might give them a try :) xx

      Delete
  3. I really love Benefit's Gimme Brow but it is rather pricey, so I'm definitely going to give this one a go next before I splurge on a replacement! Great review, sounds like it is a completely bargain! x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yeah you should get one and do a comparison review to let us know! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I really like the look of your brows afterwards. I may have to try this out! x

    Liz ~ Dreaming of Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brows look so good and not too over the top - I much prefer a super natural look rather than a really arched brow :)

    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love an arched brow for going out but a natural one is much nicer everyday :) xx

      Delete
  6. Wow! I'm so surprised at the difference this makes, we have a huge essence counter in our local Wikos so I definitely think I'll pop in and try it out! :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! wasn't expecting it to work so well! Let me know how you get on :) xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow