The Underrated Mac Lipstick

Why you need this Mac shade in your life...





So today I'm bringing you a Mac Lipstick that I don't think gets nearly as much attention as it deserves, and it comes in the form of Captive. It's part of their permanent line and is a Satin finish. This is perfect if you want a matte style finish without the dryness. It's also such a beautiful colour! A gorgeous plum colour that looks perfect with a bold look on a night out, or dabbed on lightly for a less intense colour during the day. It lasts for around 5-6 hours, but could be improved by using something like Lipcote to lock it in for longer. I've been repurchasing this lipstick since 2011, and it's always been one of my favourites! I think this colour is often overlooked for the more popular shades but I'd highly recommend giving it a swatch if you're passing a Mac counter as it really is super gorgeous. I think Mac have so many lipsticks it can often be easier to grab a more popular shade when you're looking to buy, but some of their lesser known colours are just as pretty! 

What's your favourite underrated Mac Lipstick? 

Laura x

7 comments

  1. I have looked at captive and its defo one on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, captive is such a nice colour! It's what I used in fall time along with rebel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it! Same here, those two are my favourite purpley/plum colours for Autumn :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow, this shade is beautiful! I have so many Mac lipsticks, in the need of more though haha. I think Fleshpot is underrated, its a perfect colour.

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty // YouTube Channel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it! Same haha, I've always got my eye on a few! xxx

      Delete
  4. Oooo this is so pretty, definitely going on my list! I thought it was Twig or Mehr but have been pleasantly surprised!! Gweni xxx

    www.gbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so lovely! A little different to the usual colours & so easy to wear! :) xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow