January 'Other' Favourites



I've always loved reading people's 'other' favourites that aren't just beauty so this month I thought I'd add mine into the mix. This month I'm bringing you my music & restaurant favourites. I tried to think of some tv shows/books/films I've watched but in all honesty I haven't really watched or read that much due to being super busy. Next month though expect lots of those, as I have a lot of free time in February! 

Music. 

I'll kick off with music, I'm a big music lover & my taste is very varied, I don't really stick to one genre as my favourite. I tend to listen to a lot of different genres based on the situation. For example, if I'm going out clubbing I really like to go to techno & electronic nights, whereas when I'm getting ready for a night out I like to listen to funk & soul or disco to get me in a really happy mood. The songs I've been loving this month are...

David Bowie - Let's Dance & Starman. 



Sadly at the start of the month, we lost a true music legend. Not just a musical legend though, a fashion icon & an inspiration to many. I grew up with my parents playing a lot of Bowie so he'd always been someone I loved. He was one of the most influential musicians of all time & it's only recently that I've come to realise what a huge impact he had on the industry. These are two of my favourite songs of his, although it was difficult to pick as I love so many! He'll be truly missed by so many.


Earth, Wind & Fire - September.


This song NEVER fails to make me smile. I could be in the world's worst mood & this song would come on & I'd be fine. It's just so much fun & has been cheering me up throughout exam season and helping to get rid of those pesky January blues.

Craig David - Love Yourself (Justin Bieber cover). 



I told you my taste was varied! I don't usually listen to chart music but when I'm back at work it gets played a lot & gets stuck in my head. Justin Bieber seems to be everywhere at the moment and Love Yourself seemed to be constantly on the radio throughout the month. However, a friend sent me this Craig David cover which I think (sorry beliebers) is better than the original. I was a big Craig David fan back in the day & he's made the song into a fun, happy version featuring a little bit of old school UK grime in the middle. Be warned - it's very catchy. 

Floorplan - We Magnify His Name.



Again, another fun, happy song that's been helping me through the January blues. Floorplan (aka Robert Hood) is one of my favourite DJ's & I've had the pleasure of seeing him live many a time. This song never fails to get me dancing. It's a proper crowd pleaser. 

Restaurants. 

I could go on for days with music! But I'll leave it at that for now. I tried to think of some books, films & tv shows but in all honesty I haven't really read or watched tv that much this month with exams, essays & festivals taking over my life a little bit. However, I did go out to eat a few times whilst I was staying at my boyfriend's in Surrey/London. 

Whilst in his hometown of Godalming, we went to a lovely little sicilian restaurant called Barbaracca. If you live near Godalming, I'd definitely recommend giving here a try as it was lovely. I had the duck for my main and it was amazing! Cue drool worthy photo below.


Whilst I was passing through London on my way back home, we stopped at one of my favourite pizza places on Goodge Street. ICCO is a place I've been to a few times & it's amazing. It's also really cheap for London food prices with a 12" margherita being just £4.50! It's definitely somewhere to try if you're in London & a bit short on cash but still want some really tasty food.  

So there we go, a couple of random favourites for the month of January. Let me know if you enjoyed this post! It's a little different to my usual beauty ones but I enjoyed writing it. Also, give the songs a listen & let me know what you think. I'd love to know if anyone has a similar music taste to me!!

Laura xx



No comments

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow