January Beauty Favourites


Gosh, hasn't January just FLOWN by? I know we say this every single month but it's gone super quick. It doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago since I was still in my Christmas coma of pyjamas & chocolate. This month has been a bit busy for me, I've had a few essays due in for uni, I went back to work whilst I was at home, I had an exam when I got back to uni & I'm currently preparing, organising & decorating for a festival I help to run at Uni which takes place on the 30th. The next few days are going to be a little hectic to say the least! Anyway, here's what I've been loving this month...

Makeup.

I've really got back into using my Naked palette this month, it was particularly useful at the start of the month when I travelled to London to stay with my boyfriend & his fam over New Year. I always forget how many different looks you can create with it! My favourite though has to be a mixture of Half Baked, Smog & Darkhorse. 

 Next up is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, this has & always will be a firm favourite of mine. It's super high coverage & lasts all day. need I say anymore?

I've really been loving the Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil this month for a really quick fix on my brows. With going back to work, super early starts have been on the cards so I haven't really had the time or the energy to spend ages filling my brows in with my usual Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade. However, after a few weeks using this & receiving many compliments on how good my brows look (& who doesn't love to hear that??) this may be my new favourite. Review coming soon. 

MAC's lipstick in Mehr has also been another go-to product for me this month, you can read more about it here in my top 5 MAC nude lipsticks post. 

The last makeup item I've been loving this month has been the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure. This has been giving some life to my dull, stressed out skin. I've been loving applying this with my Real Techniques blusher brush too, as it literally takes seconds & my skin comes glowing back to life. 


Skincare & Bodycare.

I've been really loving the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask. Again I've done a separate review of it, so rather than make this post any longer than it already is; you can check out more details here. It's no surprise as well that the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel has made the cut, it's a firm favourite of mine. It smells amazing & makes my skin look so much better after a quick cleanse with it; an all round winner. 

I've also been loving the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion. Just before Christmas I ran out of my favourite La Roche Posay moisturiser & didn't have the funds to purchase a new one. I found this lurking in my bathroom cupboards and thought I'd give it a whirl as I'd barely used it. It's not anything special but it does exactly what it says on the tin, which is all my skin really needs at the moment. Plus it's in a huge 236 ml bottle so is going to last a heck of a lot longer than the 40ml La Roche Posay number. 

The FCUK body spray has been something I've been loving spritzing this month, alongside the Beyonce Heat perfume. With being back home over Christmas, I had a root through all my cupboards and found these two just chilling with a load of other bodysprays. They both smell really good & I believe are both fairly cheap to buy too! Also, the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray is something I've been loving spritzing onto my face after my makeup is done. This has helped keep my makeup in place whilst I've been back at work & has done a fab job.

Finally, a few bits from Lush. I received both of these in a gift set for Christmas & have fallen back in love with Lush all over again. The Yog Nog soap smells incredible, I'm gutted this is only available at Christmas time otherwise I'd have stocked up more! The Love & Light hand cream is another great smelling product but is also incredibly moisturising. This was a firm favourite of mine in the run up to the festival, where running round all day painting & decorating left my hands in need of some TLC. 

Have you tried any of these products? What have been your beauty favourites this month? 

Laura xx


2 comments

  1. I would love to get the UrbanDecay spray, sounds amazing!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great! I'm on the hunt for a cheaper dupe though as it's quite pricey for something you use up quite quickly. It works amazingly though so will be difficult to find! xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow