My Favourite Hair Products


Today's post is bringing to you a topic I've never really discussed on the blog before; hair care. My hair is super super long, of natural colour but gets a little dragged down due to the length/weight meaning it can sometimes look a little flat. I rarely get my hair cut either (maybe twice a year, is that weird?) which probably doesn't help the flat situation. Volume is something I definitely strive for, particularly on the roots. When I'm at uni or just chilling at home, my hair is often in a messy bun or a ponytail so I don't bother too much with styling it. As my hair has never been dyed, it's in fairly good condition so I don't worry too much about taking care of it, however these are the bits I do like using when I'm making more of an effort.

1. Hair Mousse - 
I never really bother too much with what brand or style I use in hair mousse, but I do like adding a little to my roots after showering to give a little texture to my otherwise very flat hair. I'm currently using L'oreal Elvive Styliste Mousse which I like, it does the job and that's what matters.

2. Caudalie Divine Oil - 
I often put this through the ends of my hair when it's wet to smooth it out a little before drying. It makes my hair feel super silky soft which is something I really like. I really want to try using Moroccan Oil for the ends as I've heard nothing but good things but it's a little out of my price range at the moment so I'll continue using this for now.  I really want to try using coconut oil as a mask every now and again as I've heard it's great, has anyone ever tried this?

3. Colab Extreme Volume Dry Shampoo in Rio -
I try to leave my hair as long as possible in between washes simply because it's so freakin' long meaning it takes so long to dry (long hair gals you feel me?). Although my hair doesn't really get greasy anymore, I like using dry shampoo to give the roots a bit of volume and to freshen up a little on days when it hasn't been washed. I'm not a big fan of Batiste but I love this one from Colab as it doesn't seem to leave the chalky colour that Batiste does, plus it smells delicious. 

4. Tangle Teezer - 
Ever since I borrowed a friends Tangle Teezer at a festival a few years back, this little orange number has been my best friend and my hair saviour. I HATE brushing my hair as it goes really flat and wispy (ugh) but I always brush it when it's wet using this as it does a fairly good job at getting the knots out. It takes a big of work on bigger knots but I still really like it, plus it's easy to hold and the bright colour means I never lose it when it's in my bag. 

5. Backcomb Brush - 
This little pink backcomb brush is from Primark and does an amazing job at giving my hair some serious volume. I recently went to a fancy dress night as Harley Quinn from Batman and wore my hair in two pigtails and backcombed it to death. It looked incredible and lasted all night. On days when I'm not going for such a wild look, I love giving the roots a little comb to get a bit of extra oomph in there. Plus I think this comb was like £1? Win.

What are your favourite hair care products?

Laura xx

4 comments

  1. Dry shampoo and a Tangle Teezer are must haves for me, they make the biggest difference when it comes to styling haha! I used to love using hair mousse but recently I've noticed it makes my hair super greasy super fast so I quit using it as much.

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! They're so useful all the time. Ah really? I had that with hair oil recently, but I took a break from it & then went back to it & it's been ok since :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm always a bit skeptical about products like the tangle teezer! everyone loves it so maybe I should just go out and get it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's one that is certainly worth the hype :) xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow