Top 5: Foundations.

Another installment in my 'Top 5' series, if you haven't seen the others you can check them out here. Today we are talking foundations, and the ones I use most regularly. Without further ado, let's begin.


1. Nars Sheer Glow.
My favourite 'going out' foundation. I save this one for special occasions as it's a little on the pricey side. It's medium to high coverage and does an excellent job of making my skin look flawless.The name however is a little deceiving, it's not a dewy foundation as such and gives more of a semi-matte finish with a hint of a glow. It's one that I will 100% repurchase when I run out (if I have the money).

2. Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation.
This one is my everyday foundation and one I love wearing for work as it stays on pretty much perfectly for a tiring 11 hour shift. It's also really affordable meaning I don't mind wearing it everyday. Does anyone else save their more expensive products for special occasions or is that just me? Anyway, this is pretty high coverage meaning it's also great when I'm having a not so good skin day.

3. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder.
I love wearing this when the weather is a bit warmer as it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any makeup. It's relatively high coverage and is my first venture into the powder foundation world. The colour is a little bit dark for me at the moment but I can't wait to use it again when I've got a bit more of a tan. It's a good one for summer.

4. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser. 
When I'm having a good skin day I love wearing this or the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. However, this one just beats the Laura Mercier one in my eyes as it gives your skin a little extra glow. It's also great in hot weather as it doesn't feel too heavy on your skin. However, it doesn't last all day on me so I only tend to wear it for short periods where I know I won't be out all day.

5. Revlon Colorstay. 
Another one I like wearing for work as it's quite high coverage and lasts a long time. Again, another more affordable one so a bit friendlier on the purse strings. This one is supposed to be a dupe for MAC's Studio Fix Fluid and Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation. I've tried both of those foundations and loved them but never owned all 3 at the same time so can't really say how much of a dupe it is. Although, it's a great foundation so it must be pretty close.

What are your favourite base products? I'd love to know!

Laura xx

14 comments

  1. I'm a fan of the NARS Sheer Glow but the other foundations I haven't tried out. I'd love to on my next foundation purchase pick up the Rimmel Lasting Finish as I've read good things about it. Oh I also have the Revlon Colorstay but yours looks slightly different to mine in packaging, I also think that foundation is incredible and up there with one of my favourites. And I know what you mean I tend to keep my more higher end products locked away unless it is for a special occasion.

    Kirsty x
    http://cosmeticsbeautyrainbow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rimmel one is honestly amazing, so good for everyday wear! Yeah, I think it's slightly newer packaging, my old one had a different lid on it, just a black one without the plastic round the side but the formula is definitely the same :) Yeah, I'd love to wear NARS everyday but my bank wouldn't thank me for it :p xx

      Delete
  2. I love revlon colour stay foundation!! It's much more affordable and I get great coverage :)

    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good dupe for some higher end ones too :) xx

      Delete
  3. That Revlon one sounds perfect for me as I have the studio fix and I really want the double wear afterwards!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price, it's definitely worth ago before buying Double Wear! (Although double wear is AMAZING too!) xx

      Delete
  4. I love Nars Sheer Glow. I really want to the tinted moisturiser, i've heard so many good things. I'm currently loving the Becca aqua luminous foundation or Bourjois Health Mix xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing so many good things about Bourjois Healthy Mix! Never heard of the Becca one but I'm going to have a look now :p x

      Delete
  5. Totally love LM's stuff. I've NEVER tried anything from Nars.

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're tinted moisturiser is amazing too! Nars are 100000% worth the hype :p xx

      Delete
  6. Sheer Glow and Rimmel's Lasting finish are the only foundations I use and I love them! We seem to have the same tastes in foundation so I'm definitely going to give some of your other faves a go!:)

    corrie | corriearnold.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing aren't they! Aw glad to hear it, hope you find one you love! :) xx

      Delete
  7. I have been using Nars Sheer Glow for only a week so far. I had recently finished my Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet, which I loved so much. I think it will take me some more time to figure out if I like the Nars one or not. But almost any blogger I know as written about it and I have never seen anyone complaining :)
    I love posts on foundations, btw.

    xx
    Silvia
    www.theskincabinet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you enjoying it so far? :) It's such a good product! Heard so many good things about Chanel foundations but never tried them, they're definitely on my 'to buy' list though! xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow