February Beauty Favourites





I spent a lot of February makeup free as I haven't been into Uni that often, hence the small amount pf favourites this month. When I have worn makeup though, it's simply been a lot of the things I've worn in my January Favourites post and I didn't want to bore you too much by featuring them all again. However, there were a few new additions so I thought I'd throw them into the mix.

I've been really loving a teeny bit of a smoky eye this month, and by smoky I mean a sweep of  shimmery brown eyeshadow everyday. MAC's Patina Shadow is the perfect everyday colour, as it's not too intense but still adds a little something extra. I've been loving this all over the lid and under the eye paired with a simple slick of mascara for my everyday makeup look. I've also rediscovered my love for MAC's Melba Blush this month. I had a very firm love affair with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush over December and January, but I felt like I needed a bit of a change so started reaching for this again. It adds a really lovely peachy flush to your cheeks and is perfect when the sun comes out (which is rare but has happened a few times this month!). 

Next up is the Essie Nail Polish in Merino Cool. Over Autumn/Christmas, I never stopped wearing a dark black/red colour but I've been enjoying swapping it for a few different shades this month. Merino Cool is a weird smoky, purpley, taupey shade that looks super cool on. It just makes me feel like I've got my life together a little bit more than I actually have. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes was a Christmas present that I've been adoring this month. It's such a lovely everyday shade and I really like it with MAC's Patisserie Lipstick paired over the top. It's such a pretty colour!

Cetaphil Moisturiser is another regular from last month's lineup. I really enjoy using this and it provides my skin with just the right amount of moisture. I thought that from switching to this from a much richer moisturiser would leave my skin a little dry and flaky but that's not been the case at all! Lush's Tea Tree Water has been my toner of choice this month, I've been loving spritzing it all over my face after cleansing and I also really love the smell. The packaging is looking a little worse for wear and it's nearly all out, but it's 10000% one that I will be repurchasing. 

I've also been getting back into using La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo. I used to use this religiously a few years ago but stopped when it ran out one day. After a particularly bad post christmas breakout that continued all the way through January, this stuff has been my lifeline. It's done a great job at calming the blemishes and also stopping any new ones from appearing. My chin is looking pretty spot free right now thanks to this stuff! Finally, I've been trying to make more of an effort to moisturise my body this month. Although I'm pretty good at moisturising my face, my body often gets neglected. Whilst I wouldn't say it desperately needs moisturising every day, it just feels a lot more silky smooth when it has been done and there's no better feeling than a full body moisturise, fresh pyjamas and fresh bed sheets, am I right? I've been enjoying using this Nature's Ingredients Shea Body Butter Light from M&S which I received in a gift set. It's not too thick meaning it's not difficult to rub in and doesn't take too long to sink in either. Result.

What have you been loving this month?

Laura xx



6 comments

  1. The Essie Nail varnish looks gorgeous!
    samantha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of that essie polish!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nail polish is looking so good !
    Alexandra
    http://littlefrenchblog.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow